Blade 2 Powered by Axiom is all about the studio. Designed with a completely new live side architecture, reengineered sync system and improved UI and workflows, Blade 2 makes the entire system easy to operate, robust, fast and flexible at shoot time.
The calibration process is more accurate and runs up to 50% faster than previous versions. Multiple ROMs (range of motion sequences) can be captured simultaneously and character setup is improved with options to run separate skeletons for labeling and solving.
Axiom, Blade's completely new live engine, faithfully reproduces performances with fast, clean, real-time visualization. It is capable of coping effortlessly with multiple characters, complex situations and difficult conditions. Significant occlusion and complex motions are taken in Axiom's stride with no loss of fidelity or subtlety of motion.
Accurate and robust real-time labeling increases the usable size of your volume, giving you space to be creative. Axiom allows you to focus on the performance, not the technology. It won't break your shooting momentum with failed or aesthetically unacceptable visualization. Just pure performance.
With the best real time on the market, there's no limit to what you can achieve. A fast turnaround time, high quality data and instant feedback on your performance, make Blade 2 perfect for previsualization and virtual production.
The ability to interact with performers and make informed creative decisions on the motion capture stage not only saves time, but also allows experimentation, giving the director complete control.
Quick Post is the latest feature added to Blade 2. Designed for offline access to Axiom's real time algorithms, Quick Post gives you the option of automating your post processing workflow. Reconstruct, label, fix occlusions and solve with one click and see the same flawless data that was delivered by Axiom in real time. Alternatively, you can export to the manual process at any time for a little more control.
WHAT IS AXIOM?
Axiom is the new live engine inside Blade 2. At the heart of the motion capture system, Axiom provides the flawless real time that has become synonymous with Blade 2.
The latest version of our entertainment software, Blade 2.6, is now available to download from your Vicon Online Support account. You can also find out more about the latest release in our What's New guide on the left.
Unrivalled Real Time Processing
* Fast, clean real time visualization, faithfully reproducing the performance
* Capable of coping with multiple characters, complex situations and difficult conditions (significant occlusion, complex motions)
* Fast and graceful recovery from situations where it is impossible to label or solve
* Allowing informed creative decision making at shoot time
* No distractions arising from failed visualization or aesthetically unacceptable visualization
* Prevents breaking shooting momentum
* Allows focus on the performance, not the technology
* New RT processing increases active volume size for realtime and Quick Post (Quick post below)
* Fast turnaround of high quality data for previz
* Ability to Select Which Cameras Contribute to Realtime Processing
* We believe that this is the best realtime motion capture visualization available
Separate Labeling and Solving Skeletons and Processes in Realtime as in Post
* Dedicated Skeletons focused on for different jobs
* Use any skeleton for realtime solving – including your production skeleton
* Bringing the realtime and post processes ever closer
* Capture multiple simultaneous ROMs
* Reduce studio setup time
* RT Solving setup can have markers that constrain multiple bones
* Improved AutoVST
* Improved AutoSkeleton
* Faster and more accurate subject calibration
* New manipulator type for faster manual skeleton setup
* Continuous monitoring of labeling and continuous rebooting in realtime
* Manual reboot button
* Support for joint ranges
* Occlusion can now be automatically accounted for and gaps filled during realtime processing and in Quick Post (see below)
Accurate and Robust RT labeling
Automatic Occlusion Fixing
Offline access to Axiom’s realtime algorithms. Designed for rapid turnaround offline processing, Quick Post compliments Blade’s existing, manual offline tracking process and offering a faster workflow and access to automated occlusion fixing.
Link Aggregation provides the ability to distribute camera connections to a PC via Giganets through multiple network interface ports. This improves data throughput and avoids packet collisions allowing more data to be passed into a single machine. As a result the need to split high camera count setups systems across more than one system is significantly reduced.
Camera resectioning has been reworked for Blade 2.0 and now successfully deduces the position and pose of individual cameras which have moved (perhaps been bumped) during a session.