New Features in Blade 2 Powered by Axiom
Scroll through this page to discover a comprehensive list of all the fantastic new features in Blade 2 Powered by Axiom.
NEW REAL TIME PROCESSING
- Fast, clean real time visualization, faithfully reproducing the performance
- Capable of coping with multiple characters, complex situations and difficult conditions (significant occlusion, complex motions)
- Fast and graceful recovery from situations where it is impossible to label or solve
- Allowing informed creative decision making at shoot time
- No distractions arising from failed visualization or aesthetically unacceptable visualization
- Prevents breaking shooting momentum
- Allows focus on the performance, not the technology
- New RT processing increases active volume size for realtime and Quick Post (Quick post below)
- Fast turnaround of high quality data for previz
- We believe that this is the best realtime motion capture visualization available
Designed for offline access to Axiom’s real time algorithms, Quick Post gives you the option of automating your post processing workflow. Reconstruct, label, fix occlusions and solve with one click and see the same flawless data that was delivered by Axiom in real time. Alternatively, you can export to the manual process at any time for a little more control.
SEPARATE LABELING AND SOLVING SKELETONS AND PROCESSES IN REALTIME AS IN POST
- Dedicated Skeletons focused on for different jobs
- Use any skeleton for realtime solving – including your production skeleton
- Bringing the realtime and post processes ever closer
NEW CHARACTER SETUP FEATURES
- Capture multiple simultaneous ROMs
- Reduce studio setup time
- RT Solving setup can have markers that constrain multiple bones
- Improved AutoVST
- Improved AutoSkeleton
- Faster and more accurate subject calibration
- New manipulator type for faster manual skeleton setupup
MORE ACCURATE AND ROBUST RT LABELING
- Continuous monitoring of labeling and continuous rebooting in realtime
- Manual reboot button
- Support for joint ranges
AUTOMATIC OCCLUSION FIXING
- Occlusion can now be automatically accounted for and gaps filled during realtime processing and in Quick Post (see below)
ABILITY TO SELECT WHICH CAMERAS CONTRIBUTE TO REALTIME PROCESSING
NEW SOFTWARE CIRCLE FITTER
A new and very significantly improved software circle fitter for both realtime and offline processing.
Increased threading for a number of processes resulting in increased overall performance.
REWRITTEN SYNC SYSTEM
Axiom has a completely new sync system which is more robust than previous versions.
Link Aggregation provides the ability to distribute camera connections to a PC via Giganets through multiple network interface ports. This improves data throughput and avoids packet collisions allowing more data to be passed into a single machine. As a result the need to split high camera count setups systems across more than one system is significantly reduced.
NEW CAMERA RESECTIONING
Camera resectioning has been reworked for Blade 2.0 and now successfully deduces the position and pose of individual cameras which have moved (perhaps been bumped) during a session.
IMPROVED WORKFLOWS & UI LAYOUT
Large areas of the Blade GUI have been reorganized resulting in improved and more logical access to functionality and adding some display features. This helps speed up the studio and post processing workflows and makes Blade easier to learn for new users.
NEW OPTICAL CAMERA DISPLAY
The 3D display of optical cameras in the perspective view has been updated giving more feedback on the system state.
There are also a range of new 2D image plane display options allowing various data to be displayed on the image plane of the selected camera in 3D.
STREAMLINED ACCESS TO WORKSPACE LAYOUTS AND VIEWS
Easier and more intuitive access to main view window options via View and Layout button above the viewing panes.
SELECTION SENSITIVE CONTEXT MENUS IN 3D VIEW AND GRAPH VIEW
The context sensitive menus in the 3D and Graph views now offer options base on the selected object and its current state.
IMPROVEMENTS IN VPL VIEW
IMPROVED VOLUME VISUALIZER WORKFLOW
MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS TO PARAMETERIZATION FOR SUBJECT SETUP
SUPPORT FOR THE VICON ACTIVE WAND
IMPROVEMENTS IN FBX EXPORT
IMPROVEMENTS IN BATCH PROCESSING
DISPLAY OF NUMBER OF LIVE TRAJECTORIES & NUMBER OF CENTROIDS IN REALTIME AND OFFLINE
- Useful for quality monitoring
COMPLETE AND POST ONLY MODES
Install Blade 2.0 with Axiom for full system and live functionality or install a, lighter, post processing only version.
IMPROVED LICENSING TOOLS
BLADE COMMAND LINE (CL)
BladeCL will run in full mode when Blade and Axiom are installed. It will use 1 Blade 2.0 license seat.
When only Blade is installed, BladeCL will run in post mode only. In this mode it will not use any seats of Blade. This allows for unlimited seats of BladeCL post to be used for batch processing.
MOTIONBUILDER 2013 DATA STREAMING SUPPORT
A new MotionBuilder Stream Plug-in 2013 is available with Blade 2.0 and Axiom which includes the following new features:
- Timecode support
- Ability to remove the subject name form the object name
- Deleting the MotionBuilder device deletes all associated objects in MotionBuilder
- Ability to pause live streaming
- Allows for easier characterization
- Ability to specify port on which to receive streaming data
- Ability to specify number of unlabeled markers to stream
- Reduced scene clutter