- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing innovative, high-performance software and hardware products for the medical, entertainment, and engineering industries. Our systems are used in most blockbuster films and AAA games as well as in hospitals, virtual reality installations, and research fields ranging from sports science to robotics and drone development.
We are looking for an excellent C++ programmer to join our applications team in Oxford, England. Working from home is possible most of the time provided you are able to visit our Oxford offices as needed. We work on a wide variety of interesting, technical projects and strive to produce easy-to-use, high-quality, robust applications. We have an informal and friendly company culture and a healthy work/life balance.
You would typically be working with a team of developers, computer vision experts, and QA engineers. We will encourage you to meet customers and attend conferences to build up a detailed understanding of the application domain.
Examples of the types of work include:
- Creating high performance, scalable, robust application software
- Collaborating with product managers to produce requirements and designs
- Designing application workflows and user experience
- Communicating with the systems and algorithm teams
- Working with support to solve technical issues in the field
Candidates must have substantial C++ expertise and evidence of work on challenging projects.
Experience in some of the following would also be advantageous:
- C++11/14/17/20, STL, Boost, Qt, QML, Python
- GUI design best practices
- Multi-threading, Networking, OpenGL, Computer Vision
- Continuous Integration, Animation Tools, Game Engines
- Cloud Computing Infrastructure