- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high-performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and medical industries. Vicon systems are a crucial tool for measurement and 3D tracking for cutting-edge science including biomechanics, robotics, and virtual or augmented reality. Vicon products have been used in many major feature films, video games, and commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and Auckland. Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics (OMG plc)
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Support Engineer to join an experienced support team based in Oxford.
The role is varied, and you will enjoy a busy professional environment both in the office and with our customers operating in many interesting technical fields. You will be an organized and confident person and thrive as part of a team.
Your role will be focused on supporting our customers in the various entertainment industries using motion capture: Games, VFX, Film, and Location-Based Entertainment. You will be required to travel in the UK and internationally to provide installation and training for Vicon hardware and software. Office-based duties will include email and telephone support, testing of systems and software, technical demonstrations, and various computer-based and physical housekeeping activities.
- Customer Support: Provide first-line technical support to Vicon customers in the UK and internationally, using various methods: telephone, email, desktop sharing, and IM
- Installation and training: Plan and deliver installation and commissioning of new motion capture systems and software training. Traveling in the UK and internationally approximately 10 – 20% of the time. Host remote or in-house training courses at Vicon’s offices
- Product Support: Create content for effective internal and external support or promotional purposes – documentation, website FAQ, tutorials, videos, and working examples using Vicon or 3rd party software
- Testing: Test new software and hardware to quality assure Vicon products for release
- Demonstration: Assist the Sales team by developing effective demonstrations to prospective clientele
- Represent Vicon at trade shows, conferences, and events
- Administration: Assist the office administrators and managers in keeping CRM records and equipment/spaces tidy and organized
- Graduate in a relevant numerate/technical discipline, or 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Good written communication in all spoken languages
- Demonstrable proficiency in one or more 3D software packages
- Able to undertake extensive independent travel
- Confident & able to communicate professionally at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful in finding solutions by working with others
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks while working alone or within a team
- The right to legally live and work in the UK
Strong candidates will have:
- Familiarity with using motion capture systems in their academic courses or recent career
- Knowledge of pipelines in VFX, Virtual Production, or Location-Based Entertainment
- Aptitude for learning technical software to a deep level and being able to train others
- Knowledge of scripting/programming, preferably in Python or C#
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Fluency in 2 or more languages