- No products in the cart.
Are you interested in working on solutions that improve people’s lives? Want to join Vicon, an Academy Award® winning company, and the world’s largest supplier of precision motion capture and tracking systems?
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games, and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and Auckland, NZ.
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
Your main role will be to design and manage embedded software development for Vicon hardware. You’ll need to interface with the hardware and PC application components of the product. Based in Oxford we’re looking for a person that will fit right into the team – ideally, you’ll be fun, driven, have a passion for technology, be creative, love to laugh, and a have great attitude!
• Design and implement embedded software for Vicon Hardware, from requirements to production and commercial deployment
• Interface with hardware designers and application developers, ensuring seamless integration to make the ultimate user experience.
• Maintain and expand functionality on our existing products
• Integrate and validate new product designs from conception
• Design, develop, test, review and debug system software
• Analyse and ensure efficiency, security, stability, and scalability of system resources
• Design manufacturing test protocols to automatically test hardware during a large-scale manufacturing process
• Provide post-production support
• Degree(s) in Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Robotic Engineering, or a related technical field.
• Embedded software specialist – proficiency in writing software in C and C++ as appropriate for performing the essential functions of this job description
• Extensive experience in FreeRTOS or other RTOS including interrupt handling code and device drivers.
• Interfacing and programming using ARM-based MCUs and/or MPUs – ARM Cortex M Series (32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F Processor) preferred
• Proven track record of working with and delivering embedded system designs to market
• Ability to utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, soldering irons, etc. to design, test, and validate embedded systems
Proven experience in the following:
• Low-level connectivity – UART, SPI, I2C, USB, and SDRAM, JTAG communication protocols
• Reading circuit diagrams and data sheets, creating specifications
• Software engineering, SDLC, TDD and unit testing
• The manufacturing process • Hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Strong communication and documentation skills
Knowledge of the following will be advantageous:
• Image processing
• Analog/Digital signal processing