- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high-performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and medical industries. Vicon systems are a crucial tool for measurement and 3D tracking for cutting-edge science including biomechanics, robotics, and virtual or augmented reality. Vicon products have been used in many major feature films, video games, and commercials. We have offices in Yarnton, Denver, Los Angeles, and Auckland.
Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics Plc.
We are looking for a Junior Hardware Realisation Engineer to join our development team in Oxford. This role will assist in the smooth transfer of new hardware products from the initial design to mass production. The candidate must be inquisitive and driven to strive for excellence in manufacturing. You will form part of the team creating industry-leading hardware products.
• Support the Hardware Realisation Engineer in the development of test processes, training, and manufacturing transfer to Production. Champion Production department needs within the Hardware department.
• Work with the design engineers to ensure new products are manufacturable with consideration to Design for Test, Design for Manufacturing, Design for Assembly & efficiency.
• Review electronic and mechanical product designs for production suitability.
• Support the development and implementation of automated testing for production and our external manufacturing partners.
• Work with our suppliers and Supply Chain department to support test processes and encourage continual manufacturing process improvement and efficiency to increase yield.
• Create and maintain product technical documentation for production including Engineering Change Notices.
• Work with other members of the hardware department to help resolve engineering problems in Production.
• Key requirements are an aptitude for electronics manufacturing, enthusiasm for efficiency, and desire to make process improvements.
• Suitable candidates will be ideally educated to a degree level in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with demonstrable and relevant industry experience.
• Previous experience in electronic PCB manufacture, designing circuits, soldering, and Arduino development would be advantageous.
• We’re looking for a confident, and self-motivated candidate that will be a great fit within our small and highly experienced team of engineers.
• This role is office based at our headquarters just outside of Oxford, UK. The Candidate must have full rights to live and work in the United Kingdom.