- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games, and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and New Zealand.
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
The Product Marketing Manager is the conduit between product and marketing and a repository of technical knowledge on the products. Taking the lead on the product launch program, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for translating complex and technical product offerings into compelling propositions to articulate to our customers via marketing plans.
The Product Marketing Manager will both help customers understand how Vicon and its products can enhance their work, as well as get to the heart of customers’ needs and experiences to ensure their voice is heard in Vicon’s marketing.
This requires the Product Marketing Manager to have a good understanding of motion capture, ideally in a biomechanics / Life Sciences context, or another of the markets within which we operate.
The Product Marketing Manager reports directly to the Global Marketing Manager and works closely with the Product Managers.
- Development of product propositions which include unique selling points and marketing messages that set the product apart from the rest in the market
- Development of marketing strategies targeted at specific markets and their unique challenges
- Creation of on-brand and on-message marketing and sales enablement content
- Communicating the vision and value of new products to the marketing team and briefing agency partners, helping them develop assets that facilitate the launch and sales process
- Being the product technical expert for the internal marketing team and agency partners and checking materials for accuracy
- Perform market research around new product launches to better articulate their value propositions and how they stound out compared to the competition
- Be the voice of Product in the planning and execution of conferences, exhibitions and events and help coordinate the product elements and demonstrations involved
- Have a direct input into the branding and naming of new products
- Agree and manage marketing launch schedules around the release of new products
- Help plan and participate in product launch events (internal, distributor and external)
- Performing surveys, interviews and focus groups and attending user groups to obtain insights about the customer’s product usage to help develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date buyer personas
- Measurement of the impact of marketing work and the ability to present this information to management
- Be the marketing evangelist to the Product Management team and provide the PM team with considered consultancy on marketing strategy and tactics
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence both upwards and cross-functionally
- Good verbal and written communication skills to create engaging propositions and capture unique stories that help sell more products
- The ability to gain insight into the customers’ needs and experiences
- Ability to work internationally and tailor approach to different geographies
- Learns quickly and can tailor communication style to different audiences and user groups
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns
- Innovative, with a creative approach to the development of engaging marketing material and tools
- Excellent project management, attention to detail, and written/verbal communication skills
- Must have worked with motion capture or within this field in some capacity
- Should ideally understand the Life Sciences market and, preferably, have some experience in biomechanics in some way, shape or form
- Ideally have an understanding of marketing principles and the ability to translate complex product information into product marketing plans with compelling user benefits
- Experience of launching products
For more information visit VICON
We are an equal opportunities employer