- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing innovative, high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and medical industries. Our systems are used in most blockbuster films and AAA games as well as in hospitals, virtual reality installations, and research fields ranging from sports science to robotics and drone development.
We are looking for an excellent C++ programmer to join our Systems team in Oxford, England. We work on a wide variety of interesting technical projects and strive to produce high-quality, modern, elegant, and robust code. We have an informal and friendly company culture and a healthy work/life balance. Since the start of the pandemic, we have mostly worked remotely and expect to continue doing so in the future, though an ability to regularly participate in work at our Oxford office would be advantageous.
You would typically be working in a team of 3 or 4 developers, coordinating with our computer vision, applications, hardware, and QA teams, and sometimes with high-profile industry partners.
Examples of the type of work involved include:
• Creating high-performance, scalable application software.
• Developing our highly parallel real-time processing frameworks.
• Writing code for interfacing with both Vicon and third-party hardware.
• Implementing APIs, protocols, and plugins for integration with other systems.
• Designing GUIs and data visualization tools.
Candidates should have substantial C++ expertise and evidence of work on challenging projects.
Experience in any of the following would also be beneficial:
• C++11-20, STL, Boost Asio, Qt/QML, Python, C#.
• Multi-threading, Networking, Optimization, OpenGl, Computer Vision.
• Embedded Software Development.
• Integration of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure.
• Jenkins, Game Engines, Animation Tools