- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games, and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and New Zealand.
We are creating a world-class team to shape the future and solve the most exciting challenges in motion capture. This opportunity is to contribute to a team that is building leading-edge motion capture products with a particular focus on testing systems designed to capture body motion and movement.
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
Reporting to the Test Manager, the Motion Capture Senior QA Test Engineer will contribute by helping to measure the accuracy and validity of highly complex motion capture systems we develop, using a range of manual and automated approaches.
We are looking for a person that is an experienced Senior QA Test Engineer who can create a range of strategies and plans to test a system to the limits of its capabilities. The Senior QA Test Engineer must be inquisitive and tenacious to prove what good looks like, and must have previous experience of being able to perform on challenging and exciting projects. They must be a good team player who is adept at creating good working relationships.
You will have significant opportunities to drive technical direction, and the potential to provide leadership and insight into what constitutes robust, accurate, and functional motion tracking. We have large custom-built Test Volumes in which to test all our products, and you will sometimes need to act as a motion capture subject during testing, as well as maintain the equipment in the test space.
You should be able to work autonomously and deliver in line with the product plans whilst working collaboratively with the wider team environment. We offer a hybrid on-site/home-based working environment.
• Experience, aptitude, and a desire to work with human motion capture, sport, animation tools, and techniques
• The right to work and reside in the UK
• Highly motivated and self-driven
• A positive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
• Hands-on experience working with motion capture or tracking systems would be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience using Vicon’s software products
• Proficient in test management tools (TestRail preferred) and in defect management tools (Jira preferred)
• Possess strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
Strong candidates will have
• A minimum of 10 years as a Software Test Engineer, with a background in software and hardware projects, preferably human motion tracking.
• A track record in using innovative & novel techniques and strategies to assess how well motion capture systems can capture human movement.
• Comfortable and confident in designing suites of test cases that test the capabilities of a system to its limits.
• Highly motivated individual with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
For more information please visit our
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.