- No products in the cart.
Are you interested in working on products that improve people’s lives? Want to join Vicon, an Academy Award®-winning company, and the world’s largest supplier of precision motion capture and tracking systems? Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high-performance software products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games, and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and New Zealand.
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Project Manager to work within the Oxford-based Development group. The individual will take responsibility for multiple software development projects and will have project management experience using agile techniques.
Working closely with Development and Product managers they will oversee the development of new Vicon products. In addition, there will be the opportunity to take project ownership for major technical upgrading and maintenance work for existing products as part of the continuing commercial development of the business.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager will:
• Work with technical leads, product managers, and team members to define project scope and achievable schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; ensuring cross-platform requirements, stakeholder input, and on-going maintenance/technical debt considerations are included
• Deliver assigned project(s) to full project closure, tracking timescales, reporting progress to the Programme Manager, and contributing to department progress reports
• Understand and communicate the impact of unplanned work
• Manage multi-functional project risks and issues and provide suggestions on how to correct deviations from plans
• Organise and lead project status meetings e.g., stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives
• Promote empowerment of the team, ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, whilst encouraging a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
• Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
• Ensure the project team is carrying out relevant technical meetings to discuss and review their delivery of capabilities
• Support Product Managers to perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Support cross-department links to ensure all aspects of the business are engaged in the successful delivery of projects
• Undertake lessons learned reviews for completed projects ensuring that improvement actions are taken forward into new projects
• Deploy up-to-date project management tools and techniques whilst working with ISO9001 and ISO13485 frameworks
• Champion and lead ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices
• Support an effective system of project governance through control of project documentation
• Drive backlog refinement and Jira project maintenance. When required, writing success criteria/tickets for approval from the Product Manager and development team
• Be able to demonstrate project management experience in leading development projects
• Knowledge of agile project management principles and practices
• Sufficient level of experience working with software to be able to objectively evaluate project risks and issues
• Be a highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Have a structured and logical approach to problem-solving with the ability to influence others
• Demonstrate successful team working skills with a proven track record in matrix management or cross-functional
• Experience with software development life cycles models including management of concurrent streams
It is also desirable that prospective candidates have experience and/or familiarity with the following:
• Experience in making a positive contribution to business performance through developed strategies for project delivery with demonstrated flexibility
• Software test management and QA processes
• ISO standards: ISO62304 and ISO14971
• Jira and Confluence software from Atlassian alternative development productivity tools
• Effective communication and presentation delivery
• Knowledge of motion capture technology and processes
• Hold a recognized project management qualification such as Prince 2 practitioner or Scrum Master
• Knowledge of both software and hardware processes
Visit us at Vicon Motion Systems Ltd
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.