- No products in the cart.
Are you interested in working on products that improves people’s lives? Want to join Vicon, an Academy Award®-winning company, and the world’s largest supplier of precision motion capture and tracking systems?
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games, and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles and New Zealand. Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
Nexus is the most powerful all-inclusive modelling and processing tool for movement analysis on the market. Created specifically for the life sciences community, Nexus delivers precise, repeatable data and clinically validated model outputs. The use ranges from clinical gait analysis & rehabilitation, sports performance & biomechanics, neuroscience & motion control, and animal sciences.
We are looking for a talented Test Engineer to join our team based in Yarnton, Oxfordshire. Reporting to the Test Manager, the Software Test Engineer will contribute in testing of highly complex systems we develop, using a range of manual and automated approaches.
You will have responsibility for the planning and execution of hands on software testing, including specification validation, bug and feature testing and regression testing. We have a large custom-built Test Volume in which to test all our products, and you will sometimes need to act as a motion capture subject during testing, as well as maintaining the equipment in the test space.
Communication is a large part of the job; with attendance at scrums, sprint planning and reviews, as well as informal catch ups with the rest of the developer team, product and project leads being vital to ensure the testing stays on track.
You should be able to work autonomously and deliver in-line with the product plans whilst working collaboratively with the wider team environment.
Strong candidates will have:
- BSc in Computer Science, Physical Science, or another related field
- Up to 5 years’ relevant experience as Software Test Engineer, with a background in software / hardware development
- Hands on experience testing desktop software applications with interactive bespoke hardware
- Familiarity with best practices in software QA
- Demonstrable knowledge of creation, execution, review and updating test cases
- Experience of executing functional, regression testing and exit testing
- Strong exploratory testing skills
- Tenacity in identifying underlying root causes of problems
- Proficient in test management tools (TestRail preferred) and in defect management tools (Jira preferred)
- Possess strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience working with motion capture, VFX, or tracking systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience using Vicon’s software products
- Life Sciences/Biomechanics industry experience
- Python knowledge
- Experience in Test Automation
- The right to work and reside in the UK
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- A positive attitude with strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
- Competitive salary
- 10% Company Pension
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Free On-site Parking
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer