- No products in the cart.
Vicon has revolutionized the motion capture (Mocap) industry for over 35 years, by pioneering a range of technologies – from optical to inertial and VR – to allow our customers to capture and analyze motion of all kinds. The VICON Mocap systems consist of specialized cameras that record the movements of markers or sensors attached to the person or object being tracked. The data from the cameras is then processed by Vicon’s proprietary software to create 3D models of the movements. Vicon systems can be used in a variety of applications, including:
1. Entertainment – Work with the leading production studios and game developers to ensure Vicon systems deliver the highest accuracy, flexibility, and performance.
2. Life Sciences – Capture movements of real subjects and provide insights into human motion, to help advance in biomechanics, physical therapy, and sports science.
3. Virtual Production – Enable real-time performance capture, pre-visualization, and translation of data into digital animations that are integrated into a virtual environment.
4. Engineering: Provide tracking solutions for leading companies and innovative end users in the engineering industry for many years,
5. Virtual Reality – Create realistic and natural movements for virtual characters and objects and allow users to interact with and manipulate these.
Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics Plc. We have offices in Yarnton, Denver, Los Angeles & Auckland.
We are looking for an excellent UI Designer with experience in design systems, to join our UX/UI team in Oxford, England. We work on a wide variety of interesting, technical projects and strive to produce easy-to-use, high-quality, robust applications. We have an informal and friendly company culture and a healthy work/life balance.
You will be responsible for creating visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces for various platforms, including web and mobile applications. Your primary focus will be on designing cohesive and consistent systems that meet the needs of users while adhering to established brand guidelines.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams including UX designers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to create effective design solutions that align with business objectives. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining design systems, including components, patterns, and guidelines. Candidates should have a portfolio demonstrating high-quality designs tackling complex problems.
Examples of the types of work include:
• Collaborating with business and development stakeholders to produce designs.
• Designing application workflows and the user experience.
• Wireframing user interfaces.
• Communicating with the software development team throughout implementation.
• Presenting designs to stakeholders.
• Conduct usability testing.
• Create high-quality UI designs that are visually appealing, user-friendly, and aligned with brand guidelines
• Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to understand user needs and business requirements
• Develop and maintain design systems, including components, patterns, and guidelines
• Conduct user research and usability testing to validate design decisions
• Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in UI design and design systems.
• Work closely with developers to ensure designs are implemented correctly and efficiently.
• Communicate design concepts and rationale to stakeholders and team members.
• Provide guidance and support to other designers on the team.
• Candidates must have substantial user interface design expertise and evidence of work on challenging projects. You should be able to provide a portfolio showcasing mobile and desktop work.
• Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field
• 3+ years of experience as a UI designer with expertise in design systems
• Strong portfolio showcasing relevant work experience.
• Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.