Are you an entrepreneur? Like the idea of building a business from the ground up but with the backing of a 30-year-old company, known as the industry gold standard, who’s average employee tenure is 12 years?
In this role you will help mold the future of applied biomechanics research and sports science. Our devices aren’t gadgets – they’re next generation wearable sensors, software and services backed by science and the world’s leading motion capture company.
If you have the right blend of drive, empathy, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be the right Business Development Manager for IMeasureU. You will be working with US Pro Sports, Collegiate Kinesiology and Athletic departments and specifically, the high-performance teams that power them i.e. biomechanics researchers, sports scientists, PTs, S&Cs and athletes.
If you're passionate about science, technology and its ability to help athletes and teams win and stay healthy this may be the right opportunity for you. Naturally, you will be a high performer yourself and have a proven track record of sales and product development.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a more than just a sales person and more than just a product person. You will be presenting daily (face to face & web) to customers with a focus on learning, selling and iterating. You will be helping our product team continue to develop incredible experiences that will wow customers. Your primary responsibility will be sales but they won’t happen without the creation and ownership of (internal and external) business relationships, intimate understanding of customer problems & the ability to communicate solutions internally and externally as we rapidly iterate product-market fit.
This role is a unique opportunity to be an entrepreneur inside a company that is known globally as the gold standard in motion capture. You will be the “face of IMeasureU in the USA” and drive discussions with senior sports science leaders. You will be able to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and map the intersection of customer needs and IMeasureU priorities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the technical understanding to drive deals across all stakeholders.
- Oversee the entire sales cycle for your customers from prospect to close to contract completion
- Sell in a new load monitoring system to optimise return to play for athletes with lower limb injuries
- Build win-win relationships with colleges & teams
- Grow your sales pipeline independently and with Vicon field sales
- Assist with the identification and prioritization of key accounts which deliver the highest value to Vicon and IMU customers
- Preparing and lead annual business reviews with key customers that drive annual renewals
- Month on month sales growth
- Help optimise product development through market insights
- Understand customer requirements and industry trends and feed that back constantly to our development team
- Be the US ‘go to’ person for all things IMeasureU for biomechanics and sport
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Clear understanding of and network in US Collegiate Athletics and Pro Sports Science
- History of year on year sales quota overachievement
- Proven ability to bring a new product to market
- Postgraduate degree in science or business
- Experience working with high-performance athletes and teams in collegiate and or pro sports
- Channel / Partner sales experience
- Software as a Service sales experience
- Athlete Management System / Excel skills
- Product Management experience
IMeasureU offers an excellent benefits package generous vacation allowance, and coworkers who are driven to succeed and enjoy a fun, challenging work environment.
IMU is a subsidiary of Vicon Motion Systems and part of Oxford Metrics Plc, a public company founded in 1984 with a proven track record of growth, financial stability, technical innovation and long-term customer relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer.