Business Systems Analyst
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high-performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in most major feature films and many games and TV commercials.
We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and Auckland. Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
The Business Systems Analyst is a standalone role, with responsibility for business software/systems support and business process mapping. Reporting to the CFO, you will support and expand existing solutions (such as Salesforce and MS Dynamics) and develop and maintain new solutions as required.
The position will suit a technically minded Business Systems Analyst, who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment, with previous experience of supporting live software systems. With a basic proficiency in scripting languages (such as python), you must have a passion for technology and possess basic software engineering skills.
We are seeking an independent, forward thinking Business Systems Analyst, who can work closely with internal stakeholders to identify issues and translate business needs into effective solutions, always ensuring requirements are challenged, validated and add business value. You will be confident in making suggestions for change and have the ability to implement technical solutions (end to end), test them and confirm that the application upgrades are fit for purpose.
You need to possess excellent communication skills, which include the ability to accurately document processes and train others.
The role will be based in Vicon's Yarnton office.
- Business Systems support & reporting
- Analyze current processes as well as new functionality, making recommendations for improvements to streamline business process and efficiency
- Management of all on-going usage and development of Salesforce and MS Dynamics
- Translating business needs into technical solutions, collaborating with multiple stakeholders and third parties
- Develop and implement future configurations in line with strategic business needs
- Creating and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, application configuration & change requests
- Daily administration of Salesforce across the company and user support
- Logging and tracking identified system problems through to resolution
- Manage processes for enhanced sustainability. Managing workflow rules, formula fields, approval and escalation rules, the configuration of single or multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations
- Deliver training to all new and existing users with new features and functionality across all sites
- Develop and create customized reports and dashboards as required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable track record as a business systems analyst
- General programming and problem-solving skills
- Basic proficiency in scripting languages (such as python)
- Ability to analyze business processes and contribute towards building a more streamlined and efficient approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels
- Ability to gather requirements, define specifications and manage project lifecycle
- Aptitude to learn and adapt with a creative approach to problem-solving in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Administration experience of Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics or alternative CRM/ERP systems
- Knowledge of Atlassian Products
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) reports/dashboards
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical health insurance
- 10% Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Life cover
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer