Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries.
We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles. Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics Plc.
We are looking for a permanent, full time Finance Assistant to work within the small accounting team in the Oxford office. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual, who is keen to contribute to all aspects of the UK accounting function. The role will allow opportunities for development and will offer extensive exposure across multiple finance duties. The role may also include working with the other companies within Group.
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months experience working in a busy finance department. They will have the confidence to work closely with the Management Accountant and Financial Accountant to drive improvements in internal departmental procedures.
We are looking for a proactive self-starter who intends to start/continue professional accountancy studies (i.e. AAT, QBE), which will be supported by the company following the successful completion of the probationary period.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
Bank and cash
- Managing cash books and bank reconciliations in multiple currencies
- Recording, allocating and communicating monies received
- Making cash book entries
- Accounts payable – processing, payment, and handling queries
- Accounts receivable – debt collection and handling queries
- Communicating with our US office to agree balances and investigate variances
- Managing company credit card and expense claims – including matching claims to statements
- Supporting the Management Accountant/Financial Accountant with month end reporting including:
o Reconciliation of the general ledger accounts
o Monitor, control, and maintain financial activity of accounts
o Ensure expenditure is posted to proper accounts
o Update spreadsheets, templates and forms as necessary - including KPIs
- Undertaking specific analysis for the Management Accountant, Financial Accountant & Finance Director
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively prioritise workload
- Proactive, enthusiastic, flexible individual who is keen to ‘muck in’
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills - including presentation skills
- Ability to contribute in team exercises
- A willing and helpful manner toward resolving, analysing and investigating discrepancies
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- 10% non-contributory company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Life cover
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.