Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon systems are a crucial tool for measurement and 3D tracking for cutting-edge science including biomechanics, robotics and virtual or augmented reality. Vicon products have been used in many major feature films, video games and commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles and Auckland. Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics (OMG plc)
There is an immediate opening in the Vicon Product Management team. Vicon provide hardware and software solutions to the exciting world of motion capture. The Product Management team align the product roadmap based on user feedback, changes in technology, and company strategy. Product Managers define features and functions within our hardware and software products to drive our market-leading technologies forward. The role bridges the gap between teams of different expertise, most notably engineering oriented teams (Development) and commercially oriented teams (Sales, Support and Marketing).
The ideal candidate will be a technically adept, well-rounded individual with an engineering background who has industry experience in technology and/or product development. A strong work ethic and the ability to bridge the gap between engineering, technology and creativity is key to the role. Vicon are actively exploring the use our technologies within virtual and augmented reality. Experience in this area would highly desirable.
The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product Management and will have vital inward- and outward-facing roles. These will include working with our Development and Marketing teams, international travel to attend conferences, communicating directly with leading customers, collaborating with colleagues in other offices, and updating global resellers, as well as facilitating and developing global business partnerships. Other key tasks include:
- Give direction and leadership within project teams to achieve company and product goals.
- Create, review and present financial analyses, business use cases and new product visions.
- Generate, maintain and present product road-maps.
- Develop feature specifications and ensure product documentation goals are met.
- Assist in marketing communications, campaigns, and the development of product marketing assets.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BSc required (graduate degree preferred) in Engineering.
- EU citizen or have permanent residency status in the UK.
- A positive attitude with leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across multiple groups and with different personalities in a flexible and successful manner.
- Solid presentation skills.
- An understanding of software development processes including Agile and Iterative approaches is an asset.
- Experience in motion capture is beneficial.
- An understanding of IMU technologies and experience in the development of wearables is highly desirable.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Private medical health insurance.
- Non-contributory company pension scheme.
- Permanent health insurance.
- Life assurance.
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.