Competitive Salary, 10% Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover, Permanent Health Insurance
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting edge-science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles. Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
There is an immediate opening in the Vicon Product Management team. Vicon provides hardware and software solutions to the exciting world of motion capture. The Product Management team collectively align the product roadmap based on user feedback, changes in technology, and company strategy. Product Managers define features and functions within our hardware and software products to drive our market-leading technologies forward. The role bridges the gap between teams of different expertise, most notably engineering oriented teams (Development) and commercially oriented teams (Sales, Support and Marketing). This product manager will have an overview and manage Vicon largest market sector, Life Sciences.
The ideal candidate will be a technically adept and well-rounded individual, who will work as part of a dynamic cross-market team.
The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product Management and will have vital inward- and outward-facing roles. These will include working with our Development and Marketing teams, international travel to attend conferences, communicating directly with leading customers, collaborating with colleagues in other offices, and updating global resellers, as well as facilitating and developing global business partnerships. Other key tasks include:
• Give direction and leadership within project teams to achieve company and product goals.
• Create, review and present financial analyses, business use cases and new product visions.
• Generate, maintain and present product road-maps.
• Develop feature specifications and ensure product documentation goals are met.
• Assist in marketing communications, campaigns, and the development of product marketing assets.
Requirements and qualifications
• BSc required in Engineering, Biomechanics, Computer Science or directly related field
• EU citizen or have permanent residency status in the UK
• A positive attitude with leadership and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to successfully work across multiple groups
• Solid presentation skills
• An understanding of software development processes including Agile and Iterative approaches is an asset.
Experience in motion capture, with the ability to demonstrate knowledge in the areas of Medical Science, Engineering or Entertainment.
An understanding of IMU technologies and experience in the development of wearables is highly desirable.
Our policy is to recruit, train and promote people because of their ability, the needs of the job and similar relevant criteria. We encourage all employees to take advantage of the opportunities we provide for training and development. We will treat all employees and job applicants equally. We will not consider race, nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed or disability in any matters to do with employment.