Development Program Manager
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in most major feature films and many games and TV commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles as well as a subsidiary company, IMeasureU with a development office in Auckland.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Development Program/Project Manager to work within the Oxford based Development group. The individual will take responsibility for an existing programme of development projects and will have will have program/project management experience preferably using agile techniques.
Working closely with Development and Product managers they will oversee the development of new Vicon products. In addition, they will take project ownership for major technical upgrading and maintenance work for existing products as part of the continuing commercial development of the business.
Reporting to the Vicon CTO, the Development Program Manager will:
- Build strong cross-department links to ensure all aspects of the business are engaged in successful delivery of projects
- Provide program/project management guidance to Product and Development managers for the generation of Product Specifications, ensuring that the specified development is achievable given the proposed time-scale, available resources and an assessment of risk;
- Develop and manage multiple concurrent project plans to ensure timescales are met and are clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Deploy up to date program/project management tools and techniques whilst working with an ISO9001 and ISO13485 framework
- Communicate project status through regular reports and presentations to management including exception based escalation for out of tolerance projects
- Manage projects to an agreed budget
- Undertake comprehensive lessons learned reviews for all completed projects ensuring that improvement actions are taken forward into new projects
- Assist with development change management in response to business needs including continuous improvement to procedures governing all of the above
- Be able to demonstrate project management experience of leading development programs/projects, preferably including new product development environments;
- Ideally the individual will have experience of both software and hardware development including management of concurrent streams for integrated systems projects
- Hold a recognised project management qualification such as Prince 2 practitioner and have experience of Agile development;
- Be able to maintain a project budget;
- Be able to ensure adherence to Vicon ISO 9001 & 13485 quality standards;
- Be a highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills working at all levels of the business;
- Have a structured and logical approach to problem solving with the ability to influence others;
- Demonstrate successful team working skills with a proven track record in matrix management;
- Have the ability to show judgement and maintain professional standards in dealings with all contacts internal and external to the business;
- Have previously developed strategies for project delivery and demonstrate flexibility in their approach with a resultant positive contribution made to business performance;
- Have familiarity and expertise in the use of MS Project and/or alternative planning tools including the use of Excel pivot tables;
- It is also desirable that prospective candidates have experience and/or familiarity with the following:
- Software and hardware test management and QA processes
- Timesheet system implementation
- JIRA and Confluence software from Atlassian or alternative development productivity tools including SharePoint
- Effective communication and presentation delivery using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Formal Agile development qualifications
- Knowledge of motion capture technology and processes
Vicon can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities working at a high level within its core business.
Vicon offers a competitive remuneration package together with a generous range of supporting benefits, including:
- Private medical insurance
- 10% salary company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.