Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high-performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in most major feature films and many games and TV commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles and Auckland (New Zealand).
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
We are seeking an excellent experienced C++ programmer to join the team, working on a large real-time motion capture R&D project in collaboration with a high-profile film special effects partner, part-funded by a UK government Technology Strategy Board grant. The role is a permanent one.
The position is based at Vicon’s Oxford office where we develop our core technologies including our own hardware and computer vision algorithms. You would typically be working in small teams of 3 or 4 developers working on systems and application code and coordinating closely with computer vision, hardware and QA teams.
Examples of the type of work involved include:
- Developing our highly parallel real-time processing frameworks
- Writing code for interfacing with third party and Vicon proprietary hardware
- Application and protocol development for scalable, distributed real-time systems
- Design of APIs, Data visualisation and GUIs
We have an informal and friendly company culture and pride ourselves on hiring motivated top flight developers who care about quality software practices and enjoy working on cutting edge products with interesting applications.
Candidates should preferably be graduates in Computing, Engineering, Mathematics or a Science (1st or 2:1) from a first rank University. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to participate in all aspects of a project including specification, planning, design, implementation and testing.
- C++ application development within a commercial environment
- Designing large, high-performance software applications
- STL, Boost
Additional Skills (these would be advantageous, but are not essential)
- Python, Qt, OpenGL
- API Design
- Software quality processes
- Graphics, animation, computer vision
- System-level software engineering, including multi-threading and networking
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer