Vicon Motion Systems Ltd, Oxford, UK
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles. Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics (OMG plc).
We are looking for a Dispatch/Assembly Assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for assisting all functions within the production team including testing, dispatch, kit verification, stock counts the build and visual inspection of the Company’s products. This role is best suited to someone with a passion for technology and an interest in developing their career at a company that creates market defining products for a broad and exciting customer base. Vicon offer great opportunities for personal development.
The Dispatch/Assembly Assistant shall report directly to the Operations Manager
- Pack for dispatch all Goods as required by Vicon
- Data entry to the company database (Great Plains) for movement of product into stock.
- Generation of Packing Slips using company database
- Packing all goods, materials and returns to minimise shipping cost and potential damage, referring to relevant specifications.
- Final inspection of all goods, materials and repairs prior to packing.
- Incorporate methods into the packing process to ensure goods packed match Picking Lists including serial number rationalisations.
- Monitor stock of packing materials and liaise with Stock Controller for reorder point.
- Ensuring the shipment area is kept tidy and organised and to be able to locate packages as required.
- Assist with electro-mechanical assemblies with reference to assembly drawings, assembly instructions, bills of materials
- Assist in other areas where necessary to meet business needs e.g. testing, kit verification and stock counts.
- Ensure all consumables (including B-stock items) stock levels are monitored and low stock status is reported back to the Buyer
- Keep working area organised and tidy (ensure all stock that is not consumed is returned to the correct stock location and tools are returned to their correct storage location at the end of the shift)
- Work to a high standard of quality
- Work in a safe manner for themselves and others
- Use correct documentation
- Participate in Quality Control, Waste Minimisation or other improvement activities
- Work without supervision and to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to work as a member of a focused team
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a production build environment
- Meticulous with a good eye for detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Enthusiastic and committed to the goals of the Company.
- Organised and tidy.
- A positive attitude with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in mechanical assembly &/or electronic/box build assembly would be a distinct advantage.
- 25 days annual leave
- 10% Non-Contributory company pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life Cover
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter clearly outlining why you feel you are the right candidate for this role, along with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.