Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Manager at our offices in Oxford.
Reporting to: Vicon Finance Director
Responsible for: All aspects of financial management and monitoring of the internal controls
Main duties and responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to the following:
Preparation of accounts
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Responsible for all journals and GL balances including preparation and review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and legislation
- Ensure relevant and timely information is provided to HQ including variance analysis, and commentary
- Play an active part in the monthly review meetings with the Finance Director/CEO
Budgets and forecasts
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans
- Monitor and review performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to operational management and UKHQ
Financial management & controls
- Assist the Finance Director by undertaking the documentation, review and control of internal controls covering financial, operational and compliance controls
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture
- Identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology
- Work closely with the Finance Director and I.T. to ensure users have access to the key components of the system, receive adequate training and have the essential reports available to facilitate decision making
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating business
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisors, bankers and other parties as directed by the Finance Director and the Group CFO
- Process driven with a desire and ability to take on adhoc tasks for the improvement of the department and creation of added value
- Develop a close working relationship with the UK Management Accountant
- Develop a close working relationship with the US Finance Team
Requirements and Qualifications:
- ACCA or CIMA part qualified/qualified
- Proven track record of development and enhancement of self/department
- MS Dynamics/Great Plains experience a plus.
- Computer literate with good excel skills.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations.
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues.
- An outgoing personality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to be an integral part of our team.
- Strong initiative and the ability to identify ways in which we can improve the busines process.
- Good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands on approach.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills with an ability to positively and proactively interact with all levels of management.
- A desire to be part of a dynamic and growth oriented team.
- Familiarity with all balance sheet and Transaction flow
- Ability to investigate the processes and procedures in operation and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires almost exclusive work using a telephone and computer.
Vicon is a subsidiary of OMG plc, a public company founded in 1984 with a proven track record of growth, financial stability, technical innovation and long-term customer relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer.