UK and Ireland Business Development Manager
Based in Oxford, UK
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting edge-science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles.
The Role of the Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will work to improve our organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth. Reporting to the EMEA Sales Manager it is the candidate’s job to work with the sales, support and marketing staff to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue for our organisation. To achieve this, they will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately converting them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The candidate will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They shall call on and meet with clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet their requirements.
The candidate will be expected to deliver targeted revenue by way of prospecting for new clients via various means including; following leads delivered into the business, networking, building rapport with clients as well as attending industry conferences or exhibitions. Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is the candidates’ mutual responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company with their manager and the marketing department. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
The role will require the candidate to be away from the office for approx. 30-40% of the year, where 15-20% will involve overnight stays.
The main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarised as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Follow up on all leads to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan and deliver approaches, presentations and live demonstrations
- Work with our team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s requirements, concerns, and objectives.
- Deliver pricing of the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the company.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and other OEM channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and OEM channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress updates within our CRM tool (Salesforce) and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM
- Forecast sales as required by the business to meet the targets set.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close opportunities to meet these targets.
This role requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering or mathematics based subject.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- EU citizen or have permanent residency status in the UK.
- Clean UK driving licence
- A positive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English.
- Confident and able to communicate professionally with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and resourceful in finding solutions by working with others.
- Good computer skills using a variety of Windows desktop applications.
- Experience with our CRM tool – Salesforce.
- Knowledge of the Motion Capture industry
- Proven track record of B2B sales
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical health insurance
- Non-contributory company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
To apply or for more details please email email@example.com with your CV, and approximate salary expectations.
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.