Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing high-performance software and innovative hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in most major feature films and many games and TV commercials.
We have offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, and Auckland. Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer to join our development team in Yarnton. Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will form part of the team creating industry-leading hardware products.
- Electronic Design of a range of hardware products including high-speed motion capture and video cameras, calibration devices and synchronization and networking equipment.
- Working alongside, and sometimes leading, teams comprising of electronic, mechanical and software design engineers in the creation of high performing and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensuring designs have appropriate test coverage for development and manufacture and that designs meet appropriate regulatory compliance.
- Full product lifecycle involvement from early conceptual studies through to manufacturing support post-release.
Qualifications, Experience and Domain Knowledge:
- Suitable candidates will be educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with demonstrable and relevant industry experience.
- Key requirements are high-speed digital design, VHDL/Verilog (ideally FPGA based), a working knowledge of analogue design and experience of developing products for manufacture with an emphasis on DFM/DFT.
- We’re looking for an outgoing, confident and self-propelled candidate that will be a great fit within our small and highly experienced team of engineers.
- A working knowledge of image sensors, optics, Ethernet and RF Design would be advantageous.
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Cover
- Generous Holiday Allowance
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.