How do I request a license for current Vicon Software?
To request a licenese:
you are using a SafeNet dongle to license your machine:
- Ensure you have installed the latest dongle drivers onto the PC on which you will run Vicon Software. Select the option for dongle drivers when you install Vicon Software.
- Insert the dongle.
- On the machine for which you want the licence (either a networked licence server or a standalone machine), start Vicon Software and when prompted click "Request License" (note that some software ships with a 30 day trial license and you will not be prompted until this has expired).
- At the top of the "Request a License" dialog box, select the installed software and version you want to licenses.
- In the appropriate fields, type your name, email address and company name.
the Options area, select whether to request:
- Standalone license locked to local PC name: for use by the PC from which you are sending this request only
- Network license locked to licence server name: for use on the licence server machine from which you are sending this request by one or more PCs on the same network
- Standalone license locked to a dongle: for use with the specified dongle on a single PC. In the Dongle ID field, type the ID, which is found on the dongle
- Network license locked to a dongle: for use on a licence server machine by one or more PCs via the specified dongle. In the Dongle ID field, type the ID, which is found on the dongle
- For network/server based licences only: if necessary, change the value for the Number of Seats.
- Leave the settings in the Machine area at their default values unless you are asked to change them by Vicon Support (for example, if you are using a dual-booting system or have had to re-install Windows).
one of the following:
- If you can currently email your licence request, click the Email Request button; or
- If email is currently unavailable, click Save Request to a file, so that you can send the request later. Type or browse to a suitable location and click OK. The file is saved as ViconLicenseRequest*.xml. When possible, email the file to Vicon Support.