How do I set the license server?
If you need to change the license server or to enable a client PC to find its license quickly, follow the steps below to specify the license server for your Vicon Software (Blade, Nexus, Tracker, Polygon) to use.
To enable Vicon Software to find its license:
1. Ensure that you have installed your Vicon Software and that Vicon Software is licensed on the relevant server.
2. On the client PC, start your Vicon Software and depending on whether or not a license is found:
- If the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box opens, click Set License Server; or
- If the Vicon Software opens and you want to view or change the current license server:
a. On the Help menu, click Licensing.
b. In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, go to the Product License Location list (in the lower half of the dialog box), right-click on the line that shows the relevant Vicon Software license and then click Set License Type.
3. In the Change License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
- To obtain a license from any available license server, click Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses or Scan for a License Server and then click OK.
- To select a specific license server from a list of all available servers:
a. Click Discover. Both local and network licenses are displayed.
b. In the Available Servers list, double-click the required license server and then click OK.
- To specify a license server on your network, click Use a Specific Network License Server, type the name in the License Server field, and click OK.