Vicon is attempting a Guinness World Record!
*Voting is now closed! The winner will be announced soon*
Vicon and Audiomotion are attempting to set a Guinness World Record for 'The Most People Motion Captured in Real-Time'. And we need your help to vote for the best option! Should we create:
- A cheerleaders' pyramid
- A group dance routine
- A rugby scrum
Vote for your favourite via our Twitter pages, or post to our Facebook pages with the hashtag #mocaprecord to be in with a chance to win £50!
Date: Summer 2014
Location: Audiomotion Studios, Oxford
Closing date for voting: 30th April
Winner announced: May 2014
HOW TO VOTE
Entries received via Twitter should include both the @_vicon and @audiomotion Twitter handle plus the hashtag #mocaprecord. Example: "I vote option 1, cheerleaders! @_vicon @audiomotion #mocaprecord"
Entries via Facebook should be posted directly to either Vicon or Audiomotion's wall with the hashtag #mocaprecord. Example: "I vote option 1, cheerleaders! #mocaprecord"
To set this new record, we *could* just ask our talent to walk or roll around in large numbers, but we thought, if we're setting a new record, we should at least make it interesting! If you don't fancy any of the above, send us your own ideas by 31st March and we'll add our favourite to the list above to be included as a fourth voting option from 1st April.
Every vote counts, which is why we're going to pick one entry from a hat to win a £50 cash prize! But you've got to be in it to win it, so get voting, and help us make mocap history!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of the Competition is Vicon Motion Systems ("Vicon"), 14 Minns Business Park, West Way, Oxford, OX2 0JB, United Kingdom and Audiomotion Studios Limited ("Audiomotion"), London Road, Wheatley, Oxford, OX33 1JG, United Kingdom.
- Entrants under 16 must get permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Employees, families or agents of Vicon or Audiomotion can vote, but are not eligible to win the cash prize.
- Entrants agree to allow their names and entries to be used without compensation if required by Vicon and Audiomotion for advertising or publicity purposes and to participating in follow up publicity.
- Entries must be submitted via a valid Facebook, or Twitter account. Entries via Twitter and Facebook must include all the details requested. All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and any other terms of entry detailed on Facebook or Twitter, including, without limitation, submission within the requisite time frame. Closing date is 23:59pm (BST) 30 April 2014.
- Vicon and Audiomotion shall collate the entries, and the cash prize winner will be selected through a random draw by an independent judge after the closing date.
- The outcome of the random draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted by Vicon and Audiomotion by email or telephone. If the winner does not respond within one week of being notified by Vicon and Audiomotion, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Vicon and Audiomotion shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the email or telephone within one week or else they will also forfeit their prize). If the winner rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Vicon and Audiomotion shall be entitled to select another winner. The winner will be required to provide an address and the cash prize will be delivered as a cheque to the address provided within one month. The winner will be notified by 30 May 2014. The winner's name will be available on request from Vicon and Audiomotion, at the addresses above.
- We will only use data collected from entrants for contest administration purposes and will not re-use the data for marketing purposes, unless you have provided your consent.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and are deemed to accept these Terms and all other applicable terms and conditions.
- Vicon and Audiomotion may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competition and/or the dates on which the Competition will be promoted and Vicon and Audiomotion reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and/or the Competition without prior notice.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.