CaraLive and CaraPost
Cara is the world's first out of the box, end-to-end facial motion capture system. Each system ships with CaraLive and CaraPost to record, capture and export your facial data. Find out more about each unique piece of software below.Request a free trial
CaraLive is the software at the heart of the Cara system during setup and capture. CaraLive allows the user to control, manage and monitor the system and the setup and capture processes. Wireless streaming provides constant monitoring of the images being captured. Color coded feedback of system state alerts to possible problems and provides continual information on what's going on, allowing action to be taken when necessary. Whether you're capturing marker based images for use in CaraPost or elsewhere, or you just want high quality images for use in another processing pipeline, CaraLive gives control and confidence at all times during the capture day.
The latest version of CaraLive includes:
- Improved auto exposure for variable lighting conditions
- The ability to specify a region of interest on which to base your exposure settings
- Improved blob detector for more accurate tracking
- Quicker and easier wifi setup
- View navigation improvements, allowing you to choose between single camera or multi-camera view
CaraPost provides the engine and the tools to extract high quality 3D point data from marker based Cara capture footage. Using the images and calibrations created with Cara, CaraPost automatically identifies the markers and tracks them over time. It then creates a 3D point representation of the markers on the actors face ready for export into the users' choice of 3rd party software or retargeting and solving pipeline. A few button clicks is all it takes to automatically track markers and create 3D data but CaraPost also provides tools for semi-automated or supervised tracking. All this adds up to a huge time and effort saving in processing 3D facial capture data.
- The latest version of CaraPost includes:
- Faster, more accurate blob detector for more accurate 3D dots
- Hugely improved, time-saving automated tracker and tracking tools
- The ability to initialize once and use across multiple takes
- Much faster delivery of higher quality data