- No products in the cart.
Sentinel LDK HASP4 Driver
HASP4 dongle driver required for running standalone licenses which are stored on U/UB/UT dongles
Download Sentinel LDK HASP4 Driver
HASP4 dongle driver required for running standalone licenses which are stored on U/UB/UT dongles.
To request a license –
After you have received a license file from Vicon Support, you must activate it before you can start using your Vicon Software.
To activate a license:
1. Check your email for a message from Vicon Support. The license file (*.lic) is attached to the email. If you have not received a license file, request one as described in How do I request a license for current Vicon Software?
2. Save the license file (*.lic) to the Windows desktop of the machine for which you have a license (or any other suitable location).
3. Start Vicon Product Licensing and in the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, click Activate License.
4. Depending on whether you are using the file as it was received from Vicon Support or as a text string copied from the file
5. Click OK.
6. Launch you Vicon Software
If you need to change the license server or to enable a client PC to find its license quickly, follow the steps below to specify the license server for your Vicon Software (Blade, Nexus, Tracker, Polygon) to use.
To enable Vicon Software to find its license:
1. Ensure that you have installed your Vicon Software and that Vicon Software is licensed on the relevant server.
2. On the client PC, start your Vicon Software and depending on whether or not a license is found:
a. On the Help menu, click Licensing.
b. In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, go to the Product License Location list (in the lower half of the dialog box), right-click on the line that shows the relevant Vicon Software license and then click Set License Type.
3. In the Change License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
a. Click Discover. Both local and network licenses are displayed.
b. In the Available Servers list, double-click the required license server and then click OK.
In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, you can view information about all available license servers without affecting the license server that is currently in use. To do this:
1. Open Vicon Product Licensing.
2. In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, if the required license server is not displayed in the License Server field at the top, click Change at the top right of the dialog box.
3. In the Options area of the Select License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
4. Click OK.
In License Server list in the top part of the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, licenses from the specified license server are displayed.
You can check out (borrow) a seat from a network license so that it can be used for the number of days that you specify, on a machine that is not connected to the license server network. You can check out a seat to either:
When a commuter license is no longer needed, it is checked back in again, so that it can be used from the license server network as usual. Licenses are automatically checked in at the end of a specified check-out period, or can be manually checked in early (not applicable to remotely checked-out licenses).
Licenses that have been checked out are checked back in and made available for use from the network in either of the following ways:
Caution: This does not apply to licenses that were checked out using Remote Check Out, which remain checked out until their check-out period expires.
To check in a license manually:
1. Open Vicon Product Licensing.
2. In the top part of the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, click on the license you want to check in and then click Check In License.
You can check out a seat from an existing license for use on a machine on your license server network, so that your Vicon Software can subsequently be used on the machine when it is no longer connected to your network.
To check out a seat to a machine on the license server network:
1. On a network machine that you later want to use remotely, open Vicon Product Licensing.
2. In the License Server list in the top part of the dialog box, right-click on the license that contains the seat that you want to check out and click Check Out.
3. In the Check Out License dialog box, specify the number of days for the license to be used remotely and then click Check Out.
Checked out licenses are flagged with Commuter in the Type column in the License Server list in the top part of the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box.
The person with access to the license server can then check out a commuter license for use on the remote machine, as described in – On a network machine, how do I: Check out a commuter license?
To check out a license:
1. Open Vicon Product Licensing.
2. In the License Server list in the top part of the dialog box, right-click on a license that permits commuter licensing for the required product.
If the selected license permits commuter licensing, the context menu displays a Check Out option and at the bottom of the dialog box, a Check Out License button is displayed.
3. Click Check Out and in the Check Out License dialog box:
a. Specify the number of days for which you want to use the license remotely.
b. Expand the Advanced Options by clicking the downward pointing arrow on the right, and click Remote Check Out.
Caution: Do not overestimate the number of days for which the license will remain checked out. After a remote check out, you cannot check the license back in again until the number of days that you specified has expired.
4. In the Remote Commuter License Check Out dialog box, enter the locking code string for the remote machine that was emailed or sent by the user of the remote machine, as described in On the remote machine, how do I: Generate a locking code? above, and click Check Out.
5. In the Save Commuter License dialog box, type or browse to a path and filename for the saved commuter license, click Save to File and then close the dialog box. The commuter license is saved as a license file (*.lic).
6. Email the saved commuter license file to the remote user.
The remote user can then save and activate the checked-out commuter license on the remote machine, as described in the following steps.
To save and activate a commuter license:
1. Save the file that was sent to you as described in On a network machine, how do I: Check out a commuter license? to the Windows desktop (or C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vicon\Licensing).
2. Open Vicon Product Licensing, and then click Activate License.
3. Depending on whether you are using the file as it was received from the license network user or a text string copied from the file, do one of the following:
4. Close the Activate a License dialog box.
In the License Server list in the top part of the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, checked out licenses are flagged with Commuter in the Type column.
Below you will find the steps you need to follow in order to revoke a license so that it can be reissued.
1. Run the Vicon Product Licensing utility from the Start > Programs > Vicon > Licensing folder.
2. License revocation must be performed on the license server computer. Change the License Server to “localhost” to ensure you can only view local licenses.
3. Select the license you wish to revoke from the main list.
4. Click Revoke License at the bottom of the window.
5. Fill in your personal details.
6. Click Revoke and Save Request to a file.
Send this file to [email protected] or reply to the active licensing case.
Once we have received the request file a license can be re-issued. You will receive further instruction on how to request a license should you wish too.
For information on license seats please contact Vicon Support at [email protected] and CC your license manager in the request.
Reformatting or reimaging a machine will change the locking information of the license, rendering it invalid. To prevent this from happening, the license can be revoked, before the reformatting, and then re-issued to the computer once the process is complete. Before performing any major changes to a computer, seethe FAQ How do I revoke my license. Always contact Vicon support before taking action if you have any questions.
Vicon are here to support you on your Motion Capture journey. We’re happy to provide more information, answer questions and help you find the solution you need. Get in touch with our experts today.