The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. Vicon is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We may collect the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information;
- communications you send to Vicon, for example to report a support problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that Vicon may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download; and
- employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with Vicon.
You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain service
How is the information used?
Vicon will use the information you provide to:
- identify visitors to the Site;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- verify financial transactions (where relevant);
- improve the layout and/or content of our web pages and customise them for users;
- carry out research on our users' demographics; and
- send you information we think you may find useful, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
With whom is the information shared?
Vicon may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Vicon may disclose personal information to any of its affiliates, or to its agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing and fulfilling requests for information, providing support services, receiving and sending communications and analysing data, or in other tasks, from time to time.
In the event that Vicon undergoes reorganisation or is sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information Vicon holds about you may be transferred to that reorganised entity or third party.
Vicon may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Vicon, any of its affiliates, the Site or its visitors.
Vicon places great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will not occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent this.
You should bear in mind that transmission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to the Site and any such transmission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
The Site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
Your acceptance of these terms
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Vicon Motion Systems Limited
14 Minns Business Park
Oxford OX2 0JB